We need your help to maximize the number of nonprofits that we can serve with our grants. We regularly conduct reviews to ensure that the grants are being used, and a recent review of your organization’s Microsoft 365 grant has determined that your organization isn’t using its assigned licenses at a minimum of 85 percent, which is a requirement of the Microsoft grant. If you need these licenses, simply start using them to contribute toward your 85 percent utilization. If you don’t need all of them, please unassign the licenses that your organization doesn’t need so that we can extend our grants to more nonprofits. Any licenses that you unassign will remain available to you as part of your original grant should you need them in the future.
We understand that you may not have known that there’s an 85 percent utilization requirement.
Tenant ID: <REDACTED>
As you can see this client is at 83.33% active users, just below the 85% threshold.
Here is the solution to identify the inactive users.
Turn on display of usernames in Reports
- In the admin center, go to the Settings > Org Settings >Servicespage.
- Select Reports.
- Uncheck the statement Display concealed user, group, and site names in all reports, and then save your changes.
View inactive users
- In the admin center, go to Reports > Usage page
- Review the Product Reports to identify the user(s) with no activity.
- Most people use Email so Exchange would be a good report to start with.
- Confirm inactivity of a user by looking at other Product reports.