Setting up the Microsoft 4K Wireless Display Adapter for use with multiple laptops is definitely something you can do on your own, following these straightforward steps.
Instructions for Setting Up the TV
- Connect the Adapter to Your TV
- Plug the HDMI end of the adapter into an HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect the USB end of the adapter to a USB charging port on the TV. If unavailable, use a standard USB Type-A charger with a 5W (5V/1A) output.
- Set your TV to HDMI input (refer to the TV manual if needed).
- Installing the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter App (optional but recommended)
- On a laptop, go to Start > All Apps > Microsoft Store.
- Sign in with a Microsoft account.
- Search and install the "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" app to access additional features and settings
- Customize the adapter (optional but recommended)
- Update the firmware on your adapter for the best performance.
- Change the name of your adapter to something more recognizable.
- Optimize performance by connecting your PC and adapter to the same Wi-Fi network (specific to the 4K model).
Connecting the Laptops (when in meetings)
- Press the Windows logo key + K.
- Select the adapter's name from the list of available connections, which will appear on the TV screen.