Why can't I see the shared photo album when trying to insert a photo in Gmail? The other person who created the album can see the album in gmail, but not me or others.
We discovered only the owner of the photos album can see that album while inserting a photo in Gmail. We tried the Add to Albums option but it only shows in yours Google Photos Albums, not in Gmail.
The workaround solution is:
- view the full size photo in the Google Photos album,
- right click > copy the image,
- switch to another tab with gmail composing an email,
- right click > paste the image into the body of the email.
An alternative method if you have a lot of photos to share, and want a quicker way:
- select the photos in the Google Photos album,
- click the share button > create link > copy,
- paste the link in the email.