The white PayPal card reader started to become a drag for our business because of three reasons
- battery drain when carried in a bag due to inadvertent button press waking the card reader
- pairing to an iPhone running iOS 9 and above was too cumbersome
- online and over-the-phone payments were better serviced by Stripe - lower fee, excellent dashboard and automatic sweep to bank account
For Point Of Sale or mobile payments, the black contactless PayPal Here card reader could still be worthwhile if the battery and pairing issues are resolved.
- PayPal Here card reader will not power on when you press side power button, sync or keypad button.
- Normally when the card reader is turned on, the light will flash or steady red triangle.
- Solid red triangle means the battery is extremely low and should be charged before any further use.
- If the card reader’s PIN light glows a permanent red, the card reader has a low battery and should be charged as soon as possible.
- PayPal Here Card Reader (white) - not the black Tap and Go Mobile Card Reader
- Model: Miura M003-PROD01-V2-7
Here are a few things you can try
- Wake up your card reader. Your card reader could be idle. Wake it up by pressing any number on the keypad or the power button.
- Charge the card reader. If the card reader won’t turn on, connect the USB cable to the card reader and a power source and recharge the battery. A full recharge takes approximately 3 hours.
- Reset the card reader. If the card reader still won't turn on, press the reset button next to power button using a small paperclip or iPhone sim card tool. You will need to pair the card reader with your mobile device again and initialise card reader using PayPal Here app.
Still having problems?
If you’re still having problems, give PayPal a call on 1800 323 891.