Sideload means we manually download and transfer the content, in this case a mobi file from a Mac to a Kindle.
- Save the mobi file to a convenient location on your computer, such as the desktop.
- Attach your device to your computer using a micro-USB cable. One should’ve been included with your Kindle.
- Your Mac mounts the device as a drive. You may find the following icon on the desktop and double-click it:
If no desktop icon, open Finder and look for "<yourname>'s Kindle" in the side bar under "Devices".
- Find the mobi file you saved in step 1, then drag-and-drop it into the device’s documents folder.
- Wait for the file to transfer and safely eject the device from your Mac.
- The eBook should appear in the library of your Kindle.
Would you like more assistance?
Contact Angus McLauchlan, sole trader of IT Solver