What's this for?
Windows has a feature called Scheduled Tasks that is primarily for system tasks to run in the background.
Often reverting to Windows 7 or 8.1 from Windows 10 will mess up all the Scheduled Tasks.
The solution below may fix the following situations:
- Windows 7 backup gives error "Task image is corrupt or has been tampered"
- Software won't update automatically
- Download RepairsTasks.zip
- Open and extract all files or RepairTasks.zip
- Open RepairTasks.exe
- Scan for errors. If there are none, no further action required.
- Before attempting Repair, use Backup Tasks to save the current state of the task files.
- Repair with the 'Recycle existing tasks' radio button checked.
Reverting from more recent Windows 10 builds seems to leave a list of 11 tasks unrepaired, reported by Scan as 'not installed' . They are Windows 10 tasks without a Windows 7 equivalent, and can be safely left alone. They are listed here: Windows 10 only tasks.
Credit this repair to Repaired Tasks by Dijji.