When signing in with Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint or Face Camera triggers the message "sorry, something went wrong please try again", forcing you to use your password instead.
Let's dive into potential fixes to this stubborn issue.
Option 1 (For those with admin rights)
We have a solution that requires admin rights but has helped many users. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you through:
- Locate and open the following folder:
- Delete all files in the NGC folder. Please ensure you're logged in as an administrator.
- Also, find and delete the temp folder within the NGC folder.
- Next, head to Settings, choose Accounts, followed by Sign-in Options.
- Click on "Add a PIN" to set a new PIN for your account.
- Test it out: try signing in with your new PIN.
We really hope this works for you!
Option 2 (No admin rights needed)
Don’t have admin rights? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with another solution. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings > Accounts to find your account.
- Select "Sign in with a Local Account instead" and follow the guided setup to create a local account.
- Sign out and back in using your new local account.
- Now, add a new PIN.
- Return to the Accounts section in Settings, find your account, and choose "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead".
- Follow the setup instructions.
- Finally, try signing in with your new PIN to see if the problem is solved.
Fingers crossed this resolves your issue.
Need Further Assistance?
If you're still facing issues or need personalized guidance, we're here to help. Check out our dedicated support plans at IT Solver Support Plans for expert assistance tailored to your needs.